Sunday 7 June 2015

Chilly but Fun Sunday

Today was a chilly but sunny Sunday. The kids started out the day by going and playing with friends while C mowed the lawn. I enjoyed a little time knitting and then I sat out in the sun and read for a while.

For lunch we headed out to our favourite seafood place. Surprisingly it wasn't busy but that may have been because it was chilly and windy. I had the lobster roll and it was good. C got the fish and chips and I have to say, their fish and chips are the best I've had. They use potato flakes in their breading and it makes the coating light and crispy. J had a lobster burger which is lobster with warm butter on a roll. S won't eat seafood so she had the chicken tenders. I stole some of her chicken and it was very tender and used the same coating as the fish. It was a delicious lunch.

After lunch we came back and the kids disappeared. J went off to play with his friends (who apparently were coming by every 5 minutes looking for him while we were gone) and S went out to ride her bike with her friends. C and I spent some time sitting in the backyard reading. Okay, maybe I did a little snoozing. Then we came inside and C snoozed while I got more knitting done. Every now and then I'd see S go by the house with her friends.

At one point S came bursting into the house, begging to go to the neighbour's pool. Now, it was around 53F (11C) outside but she insisted on going. The pool is heated which is awesome when you're in it but getting out is cold! S went immediately into a hot shower when she was finished swimming. She decided to put on her PJs even though it was only like 5:00. I guess she thought she was ready for bed but of course after she ate supper she saw her friends outside riding their bikes and wanted to join them.

We spent a good hour outside while the kids rode their bikes and the parents chatted. Some parents that aren't out often actually came out to socialize. I feel very grateful that we live in such a friendly community where there are so many kids.

Now we need to decide if we're going to watch Game of Thrones tonight or have a fire in the fire pit. It's a hard decision because the fire pit is really nice but it is GoT. Decisions, decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment