Monday 8 June 2015

J is for Jump!

Surprise, surprise! This morning I received an email telling me that the trampoline was ready for pickup. I was sure that I wasn't going to ever get that email so I had planned to go over to the store today and look for one. Now I don't have to. I figured the box was going to be either too heavy and/or too large for me to move by myself so I made the wise decision to go to the grocery store before going to pick it up. I chose wisely because the silly thing is heavy! Luckily two strong guys carried it to my car and loaded it for me. C was able to slide it out onto the garage floor by himself and then 'walk' it across the floor. It will get put together this weekend.

I also received a call today from S's school. The administrators met with the parent of the boy causing trouble on the bus. They decided it was best for everyone if they moved him to a different bus for the rest of the year. I am happy with the decision and I know my neighbour, whose daughter was the main focus of his attention, is happy with the decision too. She was going to pick her daughter up from school today but when her daughter found out the boy wouldn't be on the bus today she decided to ride the bus home. I'm very pleased with how seriously the principal, vice-principal, and teachers at the school took this incident and I made sure that they knew that I was happy with the way things turned out.

S starts summer soccer tomorrow - provided it doesn't rain! She is a little disappointed she's not on a team with her friends from our street but she does have another friend (a fellow rink rat) and a current classmate on her team. Also, there is another boy on the team whose name sounds familiar so I think it might be a classmate from preschool last year. The people running soccer this year decided to split the teams up into two time slots and it is a good decision. There will only be 6 teams on the field at a time rather than the 12 teams they had last year. It should keep the chaos down to a minimum, I hope.

This evening I decided I wanted grilled chicken for supper. Last time we grilled C gave me a lesson in how to start the fire since I really hadn't done it before. Well, tonight I did most of it (with a little help from C). See, fire!


And since I forgot to post this last week, here's the fire in the fire pit.


Last night we decided it was a bit too cold out to sit by the fire pit. There was a freakin' frost warning for last night! In June. Sigh. We stayed in and watched some TV and I got a lot of knitting done. Tonight isn't suppose to be as cold, so we may have to go light up a fire after the kids go to bed. Maybe tonight we'll break out the Smores kit. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment