Monday 15 June 2015

The Most Popular House

We have become The Most Popular House On The Street this week. And this is why:


Yes, we got the trampoline put together on Sunday. It only took C and I between two and three hours to get it put together. It probably would have taken less time if we had put some of the parts together the right way the first time. C did the hard part of pulling the springs into place. S was happy she got to help by retrieving springs from the box for us.

Once it was done the circus began. First one kid and then another and another showed up in our backyard. I had to start timing bounce sessions so that everyone was getting a turn. We started out with just one kid at a time but we bumped it up to two kids because it was taking a long time for everyone to get a turn even with the timer set to two minutes. Many children went home very tired yesterday evening.

Today as soon as the kids got home from school they wanted to go bounce. S's friends came over to bounce with her and then J's friend came over too. Things were going well until it was time for J's friend to go home. I was trying to get supper started and J's friend couldn't find his bike helmet. We spent a good 20 minutes running around trying to find his helmet. Finally he walked his bike home and discovered he had left his helmet there. Oops!

Things went back to being calm for a few minutes and then more kids showed up to use the trampoline while I was trying to make supper which made it tough for me to supervise them. But then C got home and he was able to keep an eye on the kids while I got the food ready.

I've already decided that the trampoline will be closed tomorrow. Both of my kids need a break from jumping and S has soccer. I want her to have energy for running around and jumping on the trampoline wears her out. I have a feeling the neighbourhood kids will be disappointed the trampoline is closed but the kids do need a break.

It was a busy day for me today. I went out and got us some camping supplies for our camping trip in a few weeks. Then I went to the fruit and veggie market and then to the grocery store. A new fruit and veggie market opened near us a few weeks ago and so far I've been impressed. Their prices are lower than the grocery store and the quality of their food is as good or even better than the grocery store. And I like supporting local small businesses.

After putting away all the groceries I had to take my car into the dealer to find out why it was making that awful rattling sound. It turned out to be loose heat shields. They ended up removing the back heat shield and adding clamps to the front one. Problem solved! The other day the tire pressure light had come on and I asked them to check that out for me. I'm glad I did because it turned out that I had a nail in my tire which they fixed after they took care of the heat shields.

Shellac update - I am incredibly impressed with the shellac. I figured my all my nails would be starting to show some wear or be chipping by now, especially after helping put the trampoline together yesterday. So far only one nail has had any problems:


The pointer finger on my right hand has a chip in the bottom. You can also see where the split in my nail has opened up. I expected it to start chipping around the split but it hasn't. My nails are starting to grow so you can see a small space at the bottom of each nail, which is expected. I am very happy with how well the shellac is holding up with all I do with my hands every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment