Friday 26 June 2015

Crazy week

This week has been a bit crazy, thus the lack of blog posts. We're going camping this weekend (like in a tent, that kind of camping) and I've been working on making sure we have everything for it. The one thing we lack is a big enough car. I've stuffed what I can in the back of the car and the rest will have to go up in the roof rack. It's amazing how much stuff you have to take for 4 people for just a few nights of camping.

The kids finished up school today. S says she's sad that she's done with kindergarten but J is happy to be finished. I'm trying to switch my brain from having free time during the day to having the kids around all the time for the next two months. I tried to take advantage of my dwindling free time this week. I went over to the Hush Puppy food truck for lunch one day and had a delicious roast beef sandwich and real hush puppies. Hush puppies are fried balls of corn bread for those that don't know. It's a southern thing that I have missed.

Looking at this makes me want more hush puppies
I also managed to get time to go in and have my nails redone. My verdict on the shellac? Excellent! I chose to do it again because it stayed on my nails in spite of me trying to do everything possible to get it to chip off. It cracked, I broke a few nails, but it didn't chip. It is pretty good stuff I have to say. I swear it's the only way I can keep polish on my nails for more than a few days.

I've just about finished my secret knitting projects that I've been working on. I have one I need to finish but it's easy so it won't take me long at all. I need to get some buttons for trim so I will work on that next week when we're back from camping. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to take any knitting with me this weekend. I guess it depends on how much space we end up having in the cabin of the car. I know knitting doesn't take up much space but then we don't have much space left.

I will take my camera with me and get some pictures over the weekend and share them on Monday...if I survive. Camping in the backyard is looking pretty appealing right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment