Friday 15 May 2015

A Glorious Friday!

Today was an absolutely beautiful day. J went to school in shorts and S changed into some as soon as she got home. She had a blast playing with all the neighbourhood girls from the time she got home from school until supper, which was at least three hours. J got invited over to a friend's house and we haven't seen him for a few hours. Right as I typed that I got a message from his friend's mom saying the boys were out playing hide and seek with the other neighbourhood boys. I love that we live in a place with so many kids!

I had a busy day getting ready for tomorrow's trip. I did four loads of laundry (although two of them were rather small), packed clothes for the kids as well as myself, and started getting the food together to take with us. We're staying a few nights at a cottage that has a full kitchen and a grill so we're going to take food with us so we don't have to eat at restaurants so much. Also, that will allow us to make sandwiches to take with us on our adventures.

S has all her toys packed up and ready to go. J still needs to get his stuff together. If he doesn't get it done tonight he'll have to be quick in the morning since we need to leave early. We're going to take the ferry from the island over to Nova Scotia. It will save us a lot of driving in the car and J has never taken the ferry before. The rest of us took it last year when we went to S's doctor's appointment in Halifax.

In addition to getting ready for the trip I also made S an appointment to get her vision checked. They checked it at school and since it wasn't quite 20/20 they want us to have a follow up with an optometrist. I also finally got S signed up for summer soccer. It will only be one weeknight a week so that won't take away from beach time too much. Hopefully she'll end up on a team with some of her friends. I know she won't be on the same team as one of her friends because their birth years are different, but there's a chance she'll end up on a team with at least one friend.

I think S is a little disappointed that we're going away this weekend since her friend's parents are planning on opening their pool this weekend. S really wants to go swimming. I reminded her that she will have plenty of chances to swim this summer. She thought the other girls on the street were swimming tonight but so far I've seen them out front playing so I don't think they are going to go swim. I think we're the only ones out of our group of parents that are going away this weekend. Everyone else will be having cookouts and hanging out in each other's yards all weekend. I'm sure there will be plenty more weekends like that in the months to come.

I'm almost finished with my Citron shawl. The pattern calls for five repeats but I decided to do six because I want to try to use up all the yarn. If I don't finish it tonight I'll have to decide if I'm going to take it with me on the trip or not. I have a cowl I'm working on that I had planned to take, I usually don't get a lot of knitting done on trips where we stay in hotels but this is a cottage rather than a hotel. It has a living room in addition to the bedrooms so I'll be able to knit even after the kids go to bed. That will definitely factor into my taking one or two projects.

I'm not planning on taking my laptop on the trip. I haven't tried blogging from my iPad yet but I may try this weekend. So, there may or may not be blog entries. If there aren't, then Monday when I'm back home I should have a lot to share - I hope!


No comments:

Post a Comment