Wednesday 13 May 2015

Stay at Home Wednesday

The weather this morning was kind of grey and the wind was howling for a while which made it rather cold out. I decided it was the kind of morning to stay in and catch up on Outlander and work on my Citron shawl. I'm at the point in the shawl where at times I have over 400 stitches on the needle. Since it is all knit/purl over and over it made my carpel tunnel flare up. I haven't had a problem with carpel tunnel since I was working which was over 10 years ago. I haven't missed it!

I was hoping to keep working on my Citron shawl tonight since it is getting close to being done but I'm going to have to take a break from it tonight. I did spend some time today looking for a pattern to be my travel project and I found one that has a lot of potential. I think tonight I will cast on and give it a try to make sure that it will be good for our trip. It's got a variety of stitches so I'm hoping it won't aggravate my carpel tunnel more.

C asked me to do his laundry today since he had to work and I was going to be home. I did it because I didn't want him walking around in stinky clothes at work. I even folded his clothes and that's when I discovered that there is a gnome that lives in either the washer or dryer that turns clothes inside out. I swear almost every article of clothing was inside out. This is the same gnome that squishes up J's socks instead of them being straightened out. I need to find some gnome remover to take care of those problems. :-)

I did venture out this evening to take S to her Girl Guides meeting. They practiced their end of the year ceremony for the girls that will be moving up to the next level (Brownies). S will still be a Spark next year so she got to help with the ceremony by waving a streamer over the girls that are moving up. I hope this ceremony is a little calmer than the induction ceremony. The kids were a bit crazy during that one and it took away from the whole thing. The kids seemed to be behaving themselves during the practice so we can hope that it will be calm during the actual ceremony. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment