Wednesday 6 May 2015

Early Mother's Day celebration

Wednesday night around here is Sparks night for S. Sparks is the beginning level of Girl Guides in Canada. S and a few of her buddies from our street are all in Sparks this year. Tonight the leaders asked the parents to drop off the kids at their normal time but then asked the moms to come back around 6:30. When we went in at the appointed time the girls sang us songs and gave us very cute cards they had made. Here's the one I got (with her name blurred out):


After getting our cards the kids all served their moms punch and treats. S asked me what I wanted and I said for her to surprise me. She came back with a chocolate chip and a chocolate cookie. No fruit, no veggies, nothing but two cookies. It made me giggle. Once the parents had their treats the kids were allowed to get something. S came back with a chocolate chip cookie, a single baby carrot, and two mini cheddar rice cakes. The things that girl chooses!

The girls also decorated little biodegradable flower pots and planted seeds in them. I'd take a picture of it but right now it's just a brown pot with two hearts on the side filled with dirt. Not too exciting but I will do my best to get it to grow. I have no clue what kind of seeds they put in there so it will be a mystery until they bloom (if I can get them to that point).

I have to say, it is wonderful that the weather has finally turned to spring. The kids come home from school and immediately head outside to play. We live in a neighbourhood filled with kids around S's age so she has lots of friends to play with. I think this summer is going to be fun with all the yard hopping that will be going on.

Yesterday I mentioned that I frogged a knitting project that I had started because I just didn't like the yarn/pattern combo. I found a pattern today that should work better for the yarn. It's a simple pattern that will show off the cool gradient colouring of the yarn. Since I just got started on it today it doesn't look like much. I'll work on it some more tonight and post a picture of it tomorrow.

Woohoo! My friend just sent me her spinach-banana muffin recipe, otherwise known as the "Green Muffins". She made some the other day and the kids loved them. My daughter, Ms. Picky, ate them. So now that I have her recipe I will have to get the ingredients I don't have and make some this weekend. I don't eat bananas so I will have to trust the kids that they are good. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment