Saturday 2 May 2015

Another Busy Saturday

Well, hockey is done for this weekend. J's team tried really hard but they were just outplayed by every team they faced in this tournament. J scored the team's one lone goal in their last game and earned himself player of the game. They gave him an adult size L t-shirt as his prize. Even though it is huge on him he proudly wore it home.

I'm really proud of him and the other kids on his team. They kept trying even when it was clear they had no hope of winning. But more importantly, they are good teammates to each other. A couple of kids got hurt during the game (they were fine) but the other kids took the time to check on them and make sure everyone was okay. They also made sure to let their goalies know it was okay after the other team scored goals. They may not win any games but they are definitely winning in the good sportsmanship category.

Hockey pretty much took up the whole day today. This morning I managed to get time to print out my final clue for my Outlander MKAL but I had no time to work on it. I'll be working on it after the kids are off to bed. Tomorrow I get my first clue for my Game of Thrones MKAL. Normally for an MKAL you have a general idea of what you're making -  a shawl, a hat, etc. For this MKAL I have no clue what we're making. All I know is that it takes three skeins of yarn and a size 10.5 circular needle. I'm thinking maybe a cowl but I won't know for sure until the clue comes out tomorrow. Hopefully it will be something easy enough to work on while I'm watching GoT.

GoT is one of the only shows we watch that hasn't ended it's season yet. We watch The Americans and Vikings and both shows have had their season finale. I watch Once Upon A Time but C doesn't, and I still have a few episodes of that left. We've watched the entire first season of DareDevil already. It was excellent! I can't wait for the second season so Netflix, hurry up and get it made! I'm behind on Outlander (again, C doesn't really watch it) so I have a few episodes of that on the DVR waiting for me. We'll have to do some searching around tonight to find something to watch because there isn't even a Caps hockey game on to watch - it was an afternoon game and the boneheads lost. Ah well, the next game will be in DC so hopefully they will win!

Tomorrow is suppose to be a beautiful day so I hope we can get out and do something fun. J has discovered that a bunch of his friends just live across the big road and S had a bunch of friends on the street so we may not end up going anywhere but outside into the neighbour's yard. We do need to go to the pet store and pick up a fist for S's tank that I finally got set up. J wants to go along - I think he thinks we'll get a dog there but this pet store doesn't sell dogs. I think he just wants to see all the animals. S says she wants a betta fish or possibly a goldfish. I don't think she really knows and will decide when we get there tomorrow. Any bets on which she'll get?

No comments:

Post a Comment