Friday 1 May 2015

Happy May Day!

Today felt like a Saturday even though I know it is Friday. The kids didn't have school today because it was a PD day (professional development) for teachers. I got to sleep in a bit and the kids were already up when I got up so that, combined with the fact that we had hockey today, made it feel like a Saturday.

J had game 2 of his tournament today. They tried really hard again and managed to score three goals but unfortunately the other team scored more. J played really well again and got two assists which made him happy. Right now their team is in last place for the tournament but that could change if they get a win or two in tomorrow's games.

I was supposed to have a dentist appointment today to start working on the night splint to keep me from grinding my teeth at night. But shortly before 10 o'clock this morning I got a call from the dentist's office letting me know the dentist was sick and they had to reschedule. So now I don't go in until the end of the month which throws off all the other appointments I was suppose to have. I'll have to get in touch with them next week to see about moving all the other appointments. At least these appointments are easy - no needles, no drilling, no yanking teeth out of my mouth.

S had a good day today. She got to play with her friend across the street who just got back from months in the States. Her father plays professional hockey and they were down in North Carolina for the season. They got back home Wednesday and S has been waiting anxiously to have a play date with her friend. They played over here for a bit and over there for a bit. I expect there will be lots of house/yard jumping this summer since all the girls are around the same age and love playing together.

Burger Love is now over so when we went out for supper tonight it was easy to get a table at the restaurant up the street. I am curious to see which burger won the most loved burger. I heard from a lot of people that they loved the one burger that I did not like. Considering they sold over 5000 of them, they probably have a good chance of winning but it's definitely not a burger for me. There were some burgers I wanted to try but didn't get to but that's okay. I ended up having 9 burgers for the month and that was a lot for me. There was one woman who has been dubbed the "Queen of Beef" because she had 65 burgers for April. Now, considering there were only 30 days in April that means she had at least 2 burgers a day. I cannot imagine what that does to one's body having 65 burgers in 30 days, especially when some of those burgers were huge. It is crazy! They will announce the winner next week as well as announce if they managed to set a new world record.

Since it's finally May, it should be time to put away winter coats, right? In most places yes but not here! Today it was a high of 3C/38F. Yup, on May 1. Our tulips are coming up and I swear they have to be some extra-hearty strain of tulips because they continue to grow even though it is still cold out there. By Monday it's suppose to be up to 15C/59F which is going to feel downright hot after all the cold weather we've been having. It may be time to break out the self-tanning lotion so I don't get mistaken for a snowman if I need to put on capris/shorts on Monday. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment