Tuesday 19 May 2015

BusyTuesday

Today turned out to be a rather busy day. I wasn't home most of the day and when I was home I was busy doing things. And when I wasn't busy doing things I wasn't feeling like messing with my camera and pictures so the photo blog will be tomorrow.

What was I doing today? Well, I started out the day catching up on Outlander from Sunday night and trying to finish Clue 3 of my Game of Thrones MKAL. I still don't know exactly what I'm making but it's looking more and more like either a cowl-necked shoulder warmer or a poncho. I'm not finished with the clue yet but when I am I'll do my best to get a picture. It's hard because my needle cable is short and it doesn't show off the work very nicely.

After spending a little time being lazy I got ready and headed out to the shoe store to look for some spring-type shoes. I have a cute pair of flats that were very comfortable to wear last year but when I put them on their year they hurt my longest toe on my left foot and I'm not sure why. Either my toe grew or the shoe shrank. I was bummed that they were uncomfortable to wear this year because shoe shopping for me in a time-consuming adventure.

Shoe shopping is fun for most people but not for me. I have bad feet. They are long and skinny with high arches. Because of lack of wearing supportive shoes at various times in my life I have developed plantar fasciitis in my heels. If you don't know what that is, it is when the pad under the skin of your heel becomes inflamed and very sore. My sister has it so bad she had to have surgery where they drilled holes in her heel. Thankfully mine is not that bad! The best way for me to keep it from acting up is to make sure I have shoes that have good arch supports as well as good heel cushioning, and if the shoes lack either of those, then they need to have room for me to stick in my lovely arch supports.

Finding shoes like that takes a while for me. I have to try on the shoes and if they feel like they are pretty comfortable then I have to see if my arch supports fit in them. Today since I was looking for a flat/ballerina type shoes I kept having problems whenever I would stick my arch support in - the shoe wouldn't fit right in the heel. After about an hour (and probably the sales clerk thinking I was going to steal something) I finally found a pair that should work. I say should because even though they seemed okay in the store they may not feel the same when I try them again tomorrow. I will give them a try inside tomorrow so if they don't work out I can return them (so glad the store has a return policy like that!)

After shoe shopping. I met C downtown for lunch. I had a yummy bowl of seafood chowder that came with two delicious biscuits. After lunch it was off to the grocery store for me. I had just enough time after that to come home and put the cold things away and then I was off and running again. I had to pick up the kids early to take S to the optometrist. She had her vision checked at school recently and they sent home a note asking me to have her checked by an optometrist. So I made her an appointment and the eye doctor checked her eyes today - her vision is fine and he didn't notice any major problems. Since I had never seen her showing any problems with seeing I figured she was fine but it was better to know for sure.

Once we were finished at the eye place we had time to head out to find sunglasses for the kids. J has been asking for a pair of sunglasses and S managed to misplace the ones she had been wearing. We found a pair for each of them that they are happy with. With acquiring sunglasses complete we headed off to S's hair appointment. She had asked me the other week to take her for a haircut and today was the first day I was able to get her in. Her hair was over halfway down her back and it was getting to the point where it just was hard to manage. She cut off about 6 inches of hair so now it's a few inches below her shoulders. It is long enough that she can still put it up in a ponytail but short enough that she can wear it down without it getting in her way. She looks really cute with her new haircut!

Finally it was time to come home! By this point I had a raging headache. The kids played while I took some stuff for my headache and made myself a cup of tea. I had a few minutes to drink it while catching up on what happened in the world today and then it was time to make dinner. Homemade chicken tenders, peas, and good old mac-n-cheese were on the menu tonight. By the time supper was done and cleaned up, I had no energy to work on photos. Tomorrow I have my own hair appointment and I have to pick up an item or two for the raffle basket for S's school and then I am coming home to work on downloading my pictures. I am curious to see how they turned out. Now I am going to go relax and finish my GoT knitting clue. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment