Saturday 24 January 2015

Not such a lazy Saturday

Today has and hasn't been a lazy Saturday. S was supposed to go to swimming today but since we got home late last night from hockey - where J's team won yay! - she was pretty tired today and didn't want to go. I wish she had because she'll miss next Saturday when we're away for a hockey tournament. We did have a nice lunch out at a local restaurant and then a fun trip to the comic book store and the used book store. Two comic books and two chapter books later, the kids are happy.

When we got home, J wanted to play video games, S wanted to do puzzles, and the hubby decided to "watch" TV (aka snooze on the sofa). It was a perfect time for me to sit down and do some writing. Without any distractions beyond S coming in occasionally to show me the puzzle she finished, I cranked out 1000 words! I'm not ready to put it up here yet because I'm still working on this section. I like to have a whole section done before I put it up in case I want to rewrite/clarify/expand something I've written. I'm excited though that I was able to get so much written about the history of The Hunt. I feel like the story is coming together but there are a few parts that may need to be reworked before it goes out into the interwebz.

Tomorrow is a free day for us - no hockey scheduled (so far) and the weather is suppose to be rather messy. A few days ago they were saying it was going to be a classic Nor'easter with lots of snow and wind but now they are only saying a few centimeters of snow followed by rain with the temperature actually warming up quite a bit before falling back down to bloody cold. With the potential for nasty weather in the morning and the fact that nothing around here really opens until noon on Sundays, I should be able to squeeze in some time to finish the story section I'm working on. I don't want to call it a chapter because it's just a story, not a novel. Maybe one day it will be revised into a novel but for now it's just a story I'm writing.

I did manage to finish the hubby's hat last night and he tested it out today. It got his seal of approval - it is warm and thick enough to block the wind. J was eyeing it, saying he wanted one too, but the hubby mentioned he wants a scarf to match the hat, so I don't know if I'll have enough yarn for both. And I'm trying my best to go the whole month of January without buying any yarn - so far so good. We'll see how it goes! And now I'm off to finish reworking a hat I ripped out and celebrate writing a thousand words by having a cookie and possibly a third cup of tea. Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment