Saturday 10 January 2015

Saturday!

It's Saturday and the kids are home today. It's been a busy day around our house.

I took S, the 5 y/o, to her first day of the new session of swimming class. She did really well - they are learning the first steps towards diving. She insisted on wearing a life jacket after all the other kids in her class took theirs off, but she still did everything that the other kids were doing. She was nervous at the beginning of class but then she saw familiar faces and was happy. She is determined to be a good swimmer. Surprisingly there was only one helicopter parent today. I'm guessing most of the kids had taken the fall session so the parents were more at ease letting their kids go with the instructors.

When we got home, we all went into clean-up mode. The 9 y/o's room was a total disaster, so he was working on that with the help of the hubby. I worked on the playroom while S played quietly in her room. I'm glad that the playroom has been straightened up. We moved J's Lego stash to the playroom, which means we will end up doing the Lego firewalk sometime in the future I think. Christmas decorations got put away. The vacuum actually got run today! The house is in a relatively presentable state, which is always nice.

Now the kids are outside playing in the snow. I'm sure before too long they will be asking me or the hubby to take them over to the neighbour's outdoor ice rink. S is getting much better about skating on her own without the help of these nifty push/support things they have here. Of course J flies around the rink like crazy, scaring his sister. It is very cool that our neighbour built the rink in his yard. LOL as I was writing this the hubby came in and announced he was taking the kids over to skate. I will enjoy my short break. I took them over last night while he was sick and it was fun. I'm just feeling worn out today. I think I'm fighting a cold although I'd rather have a cold than what he had last night!

I'm off to curl up with a cup of chai and my book for a bit - I'm still working on Outlander. I'm really enjoying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment