Tuesday 20 January 2015

Tomorrow...tomorrow...I love ya, tomorrow...

Today is one of those days when I'm struggling with motivation. I have a bunch of words in my head but getting them out and on my virtual paper is just not happening today. Two nights of not sleeping well is catching up to me. The words are there, but they aren't the right words - at least for me they aren't. I feel like Kilynn wants the story to go one place and I want it to go another, and so there's a bit of an argument going on. She thinks they are the right words and is being difficult about it. I think maybe if I can get a good night's sleep tonight she and I might be able to agree on where the story needs to go next.

Even writing today's blog entry is tough. I've written a bunch and then promptly deleted it because it sounded whiny, or grumpy, or just plain stupid. See, kids? This is why you need to get a good night's sleep. Thinking and being creative is tough when you haven't slept well.

Also, I made the mistake of not sitting down at the computer earlier before the kids got home. I need quiet to write and focus, especially on days like today, and with two kids home and doing homework and needing my attention, it's hard to focus on getting the story straight and not making it sound stupid.

Ack. Okay, I give up today. The words are just not coming, even for this blog. But at least I sat down and did a little writing. Tomorrow will be a better day. Tomorrow I will try to answer the questions the hubby asked me about the story. Tomorrow Kilynn and I will figure out where things are going. Tomorrow, tomorrow...now I wish I had Annie on DVD...that song is stuck in my head. Until tomorrow, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment