Sunday 18 January 2015

Sunday evening post

Sorry for the lack of creative title - some days call for blah titles. :-)

Ah Sunday...I realized the day was coming to a close and I had yet to write a blog post. I figured I would have to wait until the kids went to bed, or at least until S went to bed, to get a chance to write. But after we ate supper the hubby took the kids across the street to skate on the neighbour's rink so I cranked up the music, fired up the laptop, and sat down to write. I may or may not have danced around, singing along with Shake It Off first. Damn that song is catchy.

S had a birthday party to go to today so I took her while the hubby took J to his hockey game. The host mom said parents didn't need to stay so I left for a bit to go wash my filthy car. It had reached the point where I couldn't stand to even be close to it. Yeah, it got dirty driving around on sloppy roads afterwards but it was at least cleaner than before. After the car wash I decided I wanted to find a certain knitting magazine but that meant going into dangerous territory - Michael's Craft store.

I went into the store determined I would keep my resolution to not buy yarn unless I needed it, which at this time I don't need it. I will admit, it was very hard. I walked around, touching all the pretty yarn, picking it up, and then carefully putting in back down. I tried very hard to ignore the fact that most of the yarn was on SALE. It was a really good sale too - some yarns were 50% off. But as I had no need of yarn, I made myself walk away. I couldn't find the magazine I wanted so I left. Without buying ANYTHING. I was proud of myself for sticking to my resolution. I went over to the bookstore and although I couldn't find the magazine I wanted I did find a few others I liked. I looked at it as a reward for sticking to my resolution.

As for my other resolution of writing every day, I was thinking about my Kilynn story today. I was trying to figure out where the story was going and not coming up with much. Then at a time when I couldn't get to my computer to write, Kilynn and her brothers told me where they wanted the story to go. The gave me the plot and now it's my job to get them there. So tomorrow, after the kids go off to school, and either before or after I hit the grocery store, I will sit down and write about the plot my characters gave me.

Galavant will have to wait for Tuesday. Make sure you watch it tonight - Ricky Gervais is on tonight as Xanax. I'm looking forward to it. But now I'll keep this short and go over to my friend's backyard and hang out until it's time for the showering of the children. No, I will not be skating. In high school I was a really good skater. I stopped skating in college (lack of time) and over time my center of gravity has changed. The last time I went skating I ended up with pulled, possibly torn, muscles in my bicep and shoulder. It was not fun. I enjoy watching and chatting with friends.

I'd like to give a shout out to a long-time friend and former co-worker of mine who writes a blog too. She was kind enough to give me a shout-out today and I want to return the favour. She writes a good blog. Enjoy! Lahdeedah's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment