Thursday 23 April 2015

Another Short Post

S was home for day number 3 today. Her cold seems to be much better but her eyes are still very red. It seems that the virus has taken up residence in her eyes. When they first turned red this time we did a few doses of antibiotic but it wasn't doing anything but gumming up her eyes in the morning. I found some over-the-counter pinkeye medicine that helps treat viral pinkeye by reducing the redness, swelling, itchiness, and sensitivity to light. While S doesn't like having the drops put in, we're hoping that this will help make her eyes look good enough to send her to school tomorrow.

I was able to get some time out by myself today. I went to a few stores looking for a new purse but couldn't find the style that I wanted. I did send up getting a few new shirts for the spring because everyone needs a few new spring shirts, right? I had a coupon for one of the shirts so that made it even better. It was nice to be out of the house by myself for a bit. The weather cleared off this morning and it was warm enough out that I could be out in just my sweater and cowl combo with no coat. Yeah, it was only in the 40sF but when your winters are in the single and negative digits, 40s feels warm. :-)

I am getting closer to being finished with my Solar Flare shawl. I have 2/3 of flames done and should be able to get a lot more of it done once J heads off to bed. Of course once I finish all the knitting I probably have an hour or two of doing nothing but weaving in the bloody ends. I love the pattern and all the colour changes but egad, it does make for a hell of a lot of ends.

J had hockey tonight for the third time this week. He is enjoying spring hockey. They have only had one game so far (they lost) but they have more games coming up soon. In a few weeks they will be in a tournament on the island and at the end of May he will be in an off-island tournament. This weekend he doesn't have any hockey and it's the last weekend of Burger Love so I expect we'll get out and have one more burger. I haven't decided which one I want to try next so I'll start cruising the page and decide.

This Saturday the Burger Love people are trying to set a world record for the most freshly made burgers served in a 24 hour period. I may skip having a burger tomorrow and go for one on Saturday to help set the world record. Or I may have a burger tomorrow AND Saturday. I'm not sure what number of burgers need to be served to set the record, but I'll see if I can find out. It would be fun to help set the record, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment