Tuesday 28 April 2015

Tuesday Talks

If you read my blog daily, you may realize that I changed yesterday's post. I was rather grumpy about things yesterday and instead of taking the time to talk to the person involved, I just grumbled about it. Today I got in touch with the person involved and we talked about things. I understand things better now and I'm okay with how it worked out. If I had done that in the first place instead of grumbling about it all last night I would have saved myself some grumpiness. I decided to remove the post because things had been worked out. Moral of the story here - communication is important and don't be afraid to talk to someone about something that is bothering you.

Now today...ah...it was a beautiful spring day here. Would you like to see? Here you go:


See that white stuff on the ground? That wasn't there yesterday - it had all melted. It effing snowed today! Yup. Enough that they had to break out the snowplows a few times. Yes, it is almost May. All I could do was laugh because what else can you do? My neighbours are suppose to come back home tomorrow. Last year when they came home there was a beautiful rainbow over their house that evening. This year they get snow! I was thinking that it would probably melt before tomorrow but then I saw that there's a chance we'll get 2 cm tomorrow. What a welcome home, especially since they are coming from down south in the States where it is warm and sunny.

Since I'm finished with the Solar Flare MKAL and the next Outlander clue doesn't come out until Saturday, I pulled out the Hobbit scarf yesterday and worked on it. I finally feel like I'm making progress on it although it is still slow going. I also started a new project but I had to tear it out because I made a mistake and in trying to fix it I dropped some stitches and as it is lace, well, into the frog pond it went. (Frogging in knitting = ripping out your work). I started it over today and so far, so good on it. As long as I pay attention it should be an easy knit.

I had what will probably be the last burger of the month for lunch today. We went back to the burger that started it all - the Southern Jack. I don't think I did a thorough review of this burger before so I'll do it now. I have to start off by saying out of all the burgers I've tried, this was my favourite.

The patty - it was 6 oz of Cajun blackened beef and it was juicy and flavorful. It was topped with smoked applewood cheddar which was delicious! The panko breaded onion rings added to the tastiness (and I don't like onion rings so you know they were good). It was topped with romaine lettuce and a Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce, bacon, mayo, and a homemade dill and jalapeno relish that added a mix of heat and flavor. It came on a toasted rustic bun which was soft and fresh and yet strong enough to hold up to all the tasty goodness on this burger. I've cast my vote twice for this burger and I seriously hope it wins because it is one that I would definitely eat again, once I recover from all this meat.  There are still a few more days left for Burger Love but I have tapped out. No more burgers for me for at least a month! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment