Thursday 2 April 2015

Mmmmm Burgers...

Yesterday was April 1st, and around here that means that Burger Love has begun. Burger Love is an event that lasts the entire month of April. Restaurants around the island come up with one-of-a-kind burgers and the best burger wins the right to be kept on the menu. Some burgers are normal and then some are...unique. Like the burger that has ice cream sandwiches for buns...yeah. To see all these burgers, check out Burger Love's website. There are 60 burgers this year which means there is no way I am going to be able to try them all. And I'd be impressed by anyone who was able to try them all. That is 2 burgers a day. Good luck with that!

I did try my first Burger Love burger today. It is called the Southern Jack and it was really good. I had never been to The Whiskey Pub before so I wasn't sure what to expect, both food-wise and decor-wise. It's pretty much a sports bar but the food was really good. The bun was really fresh, the burger was juicy and full of flavour, all the fixings on the burger were fresh and tasty, and it came with a side of fresh-cut fries that were really good. The burger was a good size - some of the burgers on the website look like they are huge. This one filled me up but didn't leave me feeling overfull. All in all, a very good way to start off Burger Love. Here's a picture of the burger:



I'm looking forward to trying some of the other burgers on the list. As I try burgers at different places, I'll share pictures and my review of the burger. I'm hoping that Saturday the weather will cooperate enough to let me get out and try another burger.

Yes, the weather is looking bad for the weekend. Fun! Tonight we're suppose to get some snow and then that snow is to turn to rain on Friday. That's not too much of a problem - the garage has been dry lately even with all the melting. I'm sure we'll get a little water in but they're not calling for a whole lot of rain. Saturday is a bigger concern. We could get more rain or we could snow...like 15 cm of snow. It all depends on how the storm tracks. We'll most likely get snow since our contract with the snow removal people ended yesterday.

Won't that make for a fun Easter weekend? At least we don't have any hockey this weekend. They changed the schedule so we don't have to be in the hockey rink on Easter. I'm glad about that. We can have a relaxing day, looking for eggs in the snow. Or most likely we'll do the hunt in the house. I'll be working this weekend on making our special family dishes that we like to have for holidays so it might be gross outside but it will be fun inside.

Tomorrow is Friday, which means the final clue for my Snow Queen shawl comes out! I'm excited about that but also a little sad. I've really enjoyed working on it and will miss the excitement of a new clue each week. I do have the Solar Flare mystery shawl to keep working for the next few week. And I also have the Hobbit scarf that has been on hold while I've been trying to catch up on the Solar Flare shawl so I'll get to work on that again once the Snow Queen is done. Lots of long term knitting projects are keeping me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment