Friday 3 April 2015

Oops, I did it again!

Okay, so I hadn't planned on having another Burger Love burger again so soon. I figured I would wait a few days and try another one. But after we worked hard this morning giving the house a good, thorough spring cleaning (even though spring is taking it's sweet time getting here), we went out for lunch. And yes, I had another burger today.


This is the Dubtastic from the Olde Dublin Pub. Things I liked - the fried risotto ball on top was delicious. I forgot to look to see if they offer it as an appetizer. If they don't, they should. The burger itself was juicy and had good flavour. The bacon was candied maple and it added a nice sweetness to counterbalanced the spiciness of the caramelized onions with jalapenos and the chili gouda cheese. The ODP spinach dip was good, but I found it made the bottom bun get soggy and it made the burger a bit messy to eat (they do bring you extra napkins and wet wipes). The romaine lettuce and hickory sticks added a nice crunch to the burger. The bun was fresh but needed to be a little heartier to handle the spinach dip.

I made sure to rate both burgers I've had so far on the website. I rated yesterday's Southern Jack a 9 and today's burger an 8. I will not be having a burger tomorrow! One, I need a break from huge meals like that and two, the weather tomorrow is going to be nasty and I don't plan on going out. :-)  I wonder if my neighbour will venture out tomorrow to try another burger. It's the end of day 3 and he's already tried 5 (he actually has had 6, just one of them he's had twice).

We did do a bunch of house cleaning this morning. The kids' rooms are once again put back in order and neat. The both are bad about putting things away when they are done with them so tonight I made them clean up and put everything away before they got to watch TV. That will be my plan for the next few weeks until they get in the habit of cleaning up when they are done with something.

I did actually get a little time to work on my Snow Queen shawl this afternoon. Unfortunately, I had to take out the one row I did since I made a mistake on stitch 12. Of course I didn't discover it until I was almost at stitch 624. I think it took me twice as long to unknit the row as it did to knit it twice. At that point I put it down and did other things. Hopefully when I pick it back up in a bit I will have better luck. It is the final clue that tells us how to do the edging and the bind-off.

Of course The Unique Sheep had to go and announce their next MKAL - The Once and Future King. This time it will be rectangular instead of circular and use lace weight yarn instead of fingerling. I want to do it because I am enjoying doing MKALs lately so I will be ordering yarn for it. But I won't order the yarn until I finish my Snow Queen shawl. Also, I want to wait a bit since I'm having trouble deciding on a colour for it. I'm hoping that the wonderful dyers at TUS will come up with some new special colourways for this MKAL like they did for the Snow Queen. Of course they came out with those right after I made my SQ choice. So this time I'll wait a bit and see what happens. I don't have to have my order in until June so I have a bit of time. I want something that will tie into the theme but won't be something everyone else uses, so I need to ponder it a bit.

The weather for the next few days is going to suck. Tomorrow is a mix of rain, freezing rain, and snow. Oh, and wind. Sunday is looking like a high chance of flurries. And of course Monday, when J has two different ice sessions for spring hockey, is listed as 'periods of snow'. That's never a good thing. I'm hoping that things will change between now and then. But for now there is a big, bright moon shining outside my window. I'll enjoy it for as long as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment