Saturday 4 April 2015

Doctors, and Water, Eggs, and a Tooth

This morning when I got up, S came to say good morning to me. I looked down at her beautiful blue eyes and realized they were bloodshot and kind of goopy. I asked her if they itched and she said yes. After checking which walk-in clinics were open, I managed to get her an appointment at our regular one. The doctor confirmed what I suspected - pinkeye. She seems to be the only person in our family who gets pinkeye and I'm grateful for that. I don't know if I could deal with J having pinkeye. For the next 7 days I get to put drops in S's eyes twice a day. And spend lots of time washing my hands and reminding both kids to wash theirs. I really don't want this to spread.

Because S is contagious right now, I had to keep her home today. C took J out to spend his gift cards he got for his birthday. His choice? A WWE wrestling game. He's played it over at his friend's house and enjoys it, so he's happy with his choice. After they finished shopping, they went out to lunch at our favourite curry place. I have to say, I was a bit jealous because I was in the mood for curry. But C was a sweetie and asked the server if he could get an order of chicken korma to go. They normally don't do to go orders, but they did for him. It was good, but not as good as when it comes hot and fresh from the restaurant kitchen. It was a nice chance from the past two days of burgers. :-)

The weather today has been kind of crazy. At times it was sunny and then later it started raining. The rain started to melt the snow pretty quickly and sent water into the garage. I emptied the water out of the drainage pit a few times before C got home. He was able to chip out a channel in the ice and direct the flowing water away from the garage and down the driveway. That, combined with the rain stopping, stopped the water from coming into the garage. As long as it doesn't start raining hard again we should be good for the night.

J had his end of the season hockey party today, so C took him to that while I stayed home with Ms. Pinkeye. C said they had these huge inflatable ball things that the kids climbed inside and bounced around in. He said it was chaos but that the kids had a good time. I'm sad we missed it but I knew I couldn't take S there around other kids and put them at risk of getting pinkeye. She and I decided to work on our Easter eggs instead.

S had a plan to paint her eggs rather than just soak them in the dye. I had her draw out her ideas on paper so I had a better idea of what she wanted to do. She ended up making a bunny, a chick, and a tiger (which is my favourite). She also decided to dip another egg in dye. I did two eggs in a gradient of colours, putting our names on one of them. When C and J got home they worked on their eggs. Both of them made a Creeper egg and they both turned out awesome. C also did a rainbow egg and a Homer Simpson egg. J decided to make his own bunny egg and an Ironman egg. I'll get some pictures of them tomorrow to share because they did turn out really cute.

Our house is going to have two special visitors tonight. The Easter bunny will be bringing the kids goodies and the second visitor will be the Tooth Fairy. J had a wiggly tooth and decided that his hockey party would be a good time to pull it out. He likes to try to trick the Tooth Fairy by hiding the envelope but so far she's been good about finding it. Hopefully this time he decides to put it in an easy place to make it easier for her. Hmm...maybe the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy will work together and leave him his tooth money in an egg, hidden around the house. I think it might be a fun thing for her to do.

I hope the wind doesn't stop our visitors tonight. We're suppose to have wind gusts up to 90 km tonight. Oh, and snow. We managed to avoid the snow last night and just get some rain during the day. Tonight and tomorrow we're suppose to have snow. Not as much as they originally said, but still, snow on Easter. Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment