Saturday 25 April 2015

No Love Today

Today the Burger Love people are trying to set a world record for the most freshly served burgers in 24 hours. We decided we'd try to help them set the record by going out for a burger for lunch. Now, we knew it was going to be busy in places that are participating in Burger Love, especially since it's the last weekend and the world record attempt. So we picked a restaurant and went.

We were briefly greeted when we walked in the door and told to pick one of three tables. So we chose one and after a few minutes a man came over and handed us menus. Then we waited...and waited but no one came over to us. When the man handed us menus he didn't offer to bring us drinks. So after waiting for at least 10 minutes without a single server coming over to us we got up and left. We ended up going to another non-Burger Love restaurant and having our favourite curry for lunch. It worked out better over all because S was happy to have a normal grilled cheese for lunch (instead of a fancy one) and the curry was excellent, as usual.

It was disappointing that the service at the first restaurant was poor today. C and I have been there before and it's been fine. I just find it hard to excuse poor service when restaurants know what is in store for them when they choose to participate in Burger Love. This particular restaurant has participated in Porktober (the pork version of Burger Love) so they know how busy it can get, especially on the final weekend. Why they didn't have extra servers on hand, I don't know. But they lost out on 2 burger sales today, and if the world record comes up 2 burgers short, well then you can blame it on the fact that C and I weren't able to order burgers today.

I was able to finish my Solar Flare shawl today! I got all the ends woven in this morning and after a good soaking it is now drying on the blocking pads. It seems to be taking a long time to dry. I hope it will be dry by morning so that C can take some good pictures of it. I have to say, I am so glad this MKAL is over! It was fun but honestly, there would have been no way I could have finished it on time if I had to go to work during the day. It was a very time-intensive pattern and many of the people who began it have given up, which ups the odds that I'll be the first prize winner. I'm considering sending feedback to the designer, just suggesting things like lengthening the time between clues or breaking the pattern up into smaller clues. It was overwhelming at times seeing these huge, time-intensive clues. I do absolutely love how the shawl turned out. The dye job by the Unique Sheep was dead on for a solar flare.

Now I'm going to go work on my poor, neglected Outlander shawl and watch some more episodes of DareDevil. If you haven't seen it, go watch. Excellent show! And I'm happy because there will be a second season. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment