Monday 13 April 2015

It's My Birthday!

Today is my birthday, although we did most of the celebrating yesterday since the kids had school today. C and J picked out a pretty ruby and diamond necklace and earrings for me and S gave me chocolates (can't go wrong with that!). And my neighbour got me some cool graphic novels, Fables, some delicious chocolate-strawberry tea, and some black truffle almonds. It's suppose to rain tomorrow afternoon so I'm thinking I'll curl up with a cup of tea, nibble on some almonds, and read my graphic novel.

I did a little redecorating today. The shower curtain in the kids' bathroom was 10 years old and I decided it was time to replace it. I chose one that looks like a sail from a sailboat. I bought some new bathmats and a new toothbrush holder for the kids. It's a simple makeover but the new shower curtain seems to brighten up the room. The kids were a little sad I took down the old shower curtain - it had puppies and kitties on it. But since that bathroom is also used by visitors I decided it was time to make it a little more grown-up. I'll look through C's maritime-themed photos and see if there's if I can find something to frame and hang up in there - like a crab or a lobster, something fun like that.

S was recovered enough from her cold to go to school today. She was happy because it was her special helper day - she missed her helper day in February and March because she was sick both times. She took two books that she knows how to read for her show-n-tell and got to read one to the class. Our neighbour didn't go to school today because S managed to pass pinkeye to her. Her mom sent me a message this morning asking for symptoms of pinkeye and then a photo of her daughter's eye. I felt so bad that S managed to pass pinkeye to her friend. I checked in with her mom this evening and she said that M is already getting better and will be back to school tomorrow. I'm glad she's getting over it quickly!

S had soccer this evening and she had fun, as always. This spring session has a lot of kids in it so the coach was smart and got three other guys to help him run the drills. That way there's only 5-7 kids in each group and they get more attention from the coaches. She is getting good at dribbling the ball although she is still hesitant to get in there and kick the ball during their little scrimmages. I'm hoping that the more she plays the less hesitant she'll be.

I received a new clue for my Outlander MKAL over the weekend and the newest clue for the Solar Flare MKAL today, so I have lots of knitting to do. I'll try to post some update pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment