Friday 17 April 2015

"FryDay" means Burger Day

Even though I am still recovering from having my tooth out on Wednesday, I wanted a burger. I was determined not to let the fact that I can only chew on one side of my mouth right now stop me. So today I had burger #6 of Burger Love month. Today's burger is the Bronco Burger from Sam's Charlottetown location.

What did I think of it? It was pretty much a classic bacon cheese burger with a twist, which isn't a bad thing. It was a change from the burgers I've had so far with all the crazy things they put on them. Let's start with the burger itself. The burger wasn't as juicy as some of the others but it wasn't super dry either. There were two 4 oz patties on it and honestly I found it was too much meat. The meat seemed to drown out the other flavours, which were pretty good when you could taste them. I think if they had flattened the patties out more (they were pretty thick) or just gone with a single patty it would have been better.

The burger was dressed with sweet and smokey BBQ sauce which seemed more on the sweet side to me (again not a bad thing). The bacon was PEI Maple & More (TM) infused candied bacon, which added more sweetness to the burger. By itself the bacon had good flavour, but as I said, on the burger the taste got lost. Apparently there were hickory sticks on it but I missed them - I didn't taste them or feel the crunch of them. The cheese for the burger was a smoked cheddar and Havarti. Again, both were fantastic when you tried them separately but their flavour was lost in the meat. Lettuce, tomato, and grilled onion finished off the burger which was served on a toasted sesame Kaiser bun.

The bun itself held up in supporting the burger. The outside of the bun was toasted as well as the inside and I ended up with crumbs everywhere every time I took a bite. It was tasty but messy. The burger was topped with a deep fried pickle. I had never had a deep fried pickle before and it was tasty.

Overall it was a decent burger but it didn't leave me with a feeling of "wow, I need to have that burger again." So far the Southern Jack, the first burger I had is the one that tops that list. We were driving home from the restaurant we passed the place that sells the Southern Jack and I almost said we should stop so I could get one. But I figured one burger a day, considering I had just finished one, was enough. I have a few other places I want to try before the end of the month so there will be more burger reviews coming.

In knitting news, I finally got caught up on the clues for my Solar Flare MKAL. I would post pictures but because it's scrunched up on the needles it doesn't photograph fairly well. I will get the final clue Monday and when I'm done with that I will take some good pictures and share them. I am now working on getting caught up with my Outlander MKAL. I should be getting another clue tomorrow but I'm not finished with the current clue so I'm already behind. But I don't mind because there aren't any prizes for that MKAL while there are prizes for the Solar Flare MKAL. I will hopefully get all caught up on the Outlander shawl this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment