Monday 20 April 2015

Signs of Spring Monday

I'm still sick but I decided that I can't let that stop me anymore than it already has. I managed to drag myself out of bed this morning after a night of crappy sleep and made the kids breakfast. C made them lunch and the two of us made sure they got out the door on time.

I then plunked myself down on the couch and we watched an episode of DareDevil on Netflix. If you haven't watched it, you should. Even if you aren't a superhero person, you should watch it. It's really good. While watching it I worked on my Outlander shawl. Of course I got distracted by the show and missed a cable crossing and had to undo everything I did during the show. That will teach me, eh?

I then got ready and dragged myself to the grocery store. Being out of the house seemed to help me feel a little better. I'm keeping this week's meals simple because J has hockey Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. When I got back from the grocery store we were getting hungry so we headed out for lunch. Sorry, no burgers today! We need a few days between burgers. Maybe later this week I'll have another one.

After lunch I got time to work on the final clue for the Solar Flare shawl I'm working on. I'm thinking that this final clue will take me the least amount of time to finish - at least that's what I hope. When it's done I then need to start rounding up my Ravelry friends and get them to vote for it so I can win first prize. :-)

It was a beautiful day so after the kids got home from school they went out to play. S decided she wanted to try riding her bike without training wheels. She did a couple of passes with C holding onto the back but then asked for them to be put back on. At least she gave it a try! We'll continue to work on it over the next few weeks and before too long I think she'll be riding without training wheels.

C and I also worked on cleaning out the garage. He worked on organizing his work area and I cleaned out one of the closets in the garage. I took all the hats, scarves, and mitts that were in the closet and packed them away for next winter. Yup, I'm declaring winter over! I did keep a selection of hats and mitts out because it is still chilly (0C/32F) when the kids go to the bus stop in the morning but the majority of them have been put away. Snow pants and snow coats have been tucked away and snow boots have been put into storage. The kids seem to be doing just fine at school with splash pants, rain boots, and lighter weight coats.

I'm also going to be packing the snow tires away tomorrow. The car goes in tomorrow morning to have the snow tires taken off and the regular tires put back on. The small birds are all over the place, including the snow-free parts of the backyard. And today we saw some cormorants sitting on the old bridge supports in the harbour. I think it is safe to declare that it is finally spring! Now to keep an eye out for the tulips sprouting. I can't wait for some beautiful flowers blooming in the yard. Spring takes it's time coming but when it finally gets here it is beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment