Saturday 18 April 2015

Sick Saturday

Nothing like waking up in the morning with your throat on fire. What was just snuffling and sneezing yesterday decided to take up residence in my throat also. I had next to no voice this morning and every cough and swallow felt like there was broken glass in my throat. Thankfully some soothing tea and some DayQuil drove the pain back to the point I could semi-function today. At least I know this is just a cold virus and not something more since I'm already taking antibiotics for my tooth removal the other day.

Since I was (and still am) sick, C decided to take the kids to see a movie today. He planned to take both kids to see Disney's Monkey Kingdom but then J got a call from his friend inviting him to come with him to see Paul Blart 2, so J went with his friend and C and S went to their movie and I stayed home and dozed/watched TV on the couch. It was nice to have the rest time but I still feel like crap.

To help me hopefully feel better, I pulled some chicken out of the freezer and made a big pot of chicken soup. It tasted really good and I'm hoping the magic power of chicken soup will get to work and tomorrow morning I will wake up nice and healthy. I can hope, right?

C and J are off to an evening hockey practice so it's just me and S in the house right now. She's in her room reading Dr. Seuss' One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish to her stuffed animals. She is doing an amazing job reading the book. I know it isn't from memory because at times I will hear her get stuck on a word or just make up something when she's not sure what it says. Her reading skills are really flourishing this year.

Okay, that's all for tonight. I could right more but I'm tired and sick and I can feel my latest dose of DayQuil wearing off. I don't want to take more now because I play to take NyQuil at bedtime. So the next few hours will involve lots of sneezing, snuffling, and probably a lack of voice. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment