Sunday 5 April 2015

Happy Easter (to those that celebrate it)...

...and to those that don't, happy Sunday!

It was a fairly quiet day for us today. All our family lives far away, so we just had a quiet day with the four of us. I baked some blueberry muffins this morning which are the kids favourite. I tried a mix this time instead of making them from scratch and they came out pretty good. Not as good as my made from scratch ones but good enough for the kids to gobble them up.

The kids had fun looking for their baskets this morning and searching the house for eggs. S opened up a Kinder Egg and liked the prize inside. I really don't see why they are banned in the US. Silliness! She also enjoyed the mini Lego set she got and the Creeper that the Easter Bunny left for her. J liked his Halo figures and his Enderman stuffie that the EB left him. Yeah, the EB knows what the kids like!

The kids played outside with the neighbours for a while and later in the day we went for a drive through the countryside. The snow is slowly melting although Mother Nature keeps sending snow squalls to try to stop spring from arriving. Maybe one day we'll be snow-free. We'll see.

Supper went well because I kept it simple. We had ham, asparagus, peas, scalloped potatoes, mac-n-cheese for S who doesn't like the potatoes, homemade biscuits, and our holiday tradition of lime jello salad. People always look at me weird when I tell them about it. But once you try it you'll see that it's actually really good. What's not to like about jello, cream cheese, cool whip, marshmallows, and pineapple? Exactly! For dessert we had some cheesecake because cheesecake is good.

I did take pictures of the eggs the kids decorated but since I was on my way to bed and realized I hadn't done my blog, I will save those for tomorrow. I was busy working on my Snow Queen shawl and forgot about my blog entry for today. I'm so close to being finished with my shawl. I'm working on the bind-off but with over 600 stitches to bind off it takes a while. I'll finish it tomorrow and weave in all my ends. I'll take a pre-blocking picture of it to share. Of course I'll get post-blocking pictures too, but it will be a few days for those. I'm glad it's almost done because I want to get back to working on my Solar Flare shawl. But now I'm getting sleepy so all the knitting projects have been put to bed and that's where I'm heading now. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment