Tuesday 17 February 2015

5 Year Olds Like to Share

Well, our snow total was 80 cm which is 31 inches for all you non-metric people. It's a hell of a lot of snow. It was more snow than fell with the storm dubbed "White Juan" back in 2004. But our street has been plowed, the driveway has been cleared thanks to our awesome snow removal people, and C was able to get out to the grocery store to restock us for Thursday's storm. Oh yeah, more snow to close the island after it just reopened. Yay?

I'm thankful C was home today because S decided it was only polite to share her sickness with me. Saturday and Sunday she was running a fever and had a nasty cough. She's better now but yesterday evening I started feeling bad with a sore throat, cough, and general fatigue but no fever thankfully. Today I'm still feeling craptastic. C worked from home, J was at a friend's house, and S was happy to sit and draw pictures next to her daddy so I was able to get some sleep. It helped me sore throat feel better but I still feel like someone sucked all the energy out of me. The sofa and I have become good friends this afternoon.

The kids and C are outside sledding down the monster hill that is our backyard. Traffic is moving on the main road behind our fence so no cannonballs off the fence today. We want everyone to be safe! It's a beautiful sunny but cold day. I just wish I didn't feel like someone ran me over with a snowplow.

I'm hoping that a good night's sleep will help me feel a whole lot better. I hate being sick. Mommies aren't suppose to get sick but we do occasionally. And in case I don't feel better tomorrow it's looking like the kids will be back in school tomorrow (or at least I think they should be) so I should be able to get a lot of good rest. I've been sorting out the next part of my story in my head while I've been resting so I should be able to get it down on paper tomorrow. At least that's the plan. This cold/virus/general ickiness may change those plans. For now, I'm off to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment