Wednesday 4 February 2015

A good day to write

Today is a bright sunny day and everyone is out of the house but me - the kids are at school and the hubby is at work. There is a lot of snow outside but the roads were clear enough for the kids to get to school. The hubby said the roads down in our tiny city were terrible but at least he was able to make it into work. So I had the house to myself which allowed me to actually think and write without interruptions.

I got quite a bit of writing done today on my Kilynn story. I had been struggling with what was going to happen when Kilynn woke up the next morning. Yesterday I wrote some but didn't like it so I deleted it all and started again. I left that sit and came back to it today and didn't like that either. With all the quiet I was able to get my thoughts straight and write down something that I like. I'll leave it for tonight and come back to it tomorrow and see what I think. If I still like it then I will continue on with the story. Until I'm happy with it I won't publish it here on the blog.

At some point I should probably sit down and outline what is going to happen in the rest of the story. So far my writing process has been to make it up as I go along and that's a bit different than what I used to do. It's fun to just sit and write and see where the story goes but then there are times like yesterday when I don't know where the story is going. Lately it feels like the story is moving away from where I want it to go. I need to figure out how to get my story back on track. That will be tomorrow's goal unless the kids are home from school again which is a possibility since we have yet another snow storm on the horizon. If they are home, writing is always a bit more challenging. We'll see how things go.

For now I'll continue to ponder my story and maybe make some notes tonight about where I want it to go and how to get it there. That is, if my arms will work tonight. I had to do some shoveling this morning when the stupid street plow shoved a bunch of snow into our driveway. Nothing like a 2 ft high, 2 ft deep, 2-car driveway-wide wall of snow at the end of your driveway to work those arm muscles. I got enough dug out that I could have gotten my car out if needed. Then of course the snow removal people came by. It took them less than 5 minutes to clear the rest of the driveway. It took me about 2 hours to clear barely 6 feet of snow. I'm just glad they came and finished the job for me. Now, I'm off to get the kids from the bus stop and have a cup of tea. Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment