Wednesday 18 February 2015

Social Lives

Yay, another snow day? I thought for sure that the kids would be back in school today but nope, the roads still aren't clear enough for the buses to get through. And they've already called school off for tomorrow. And my prediction is that there won't be school on Friday either.

I hadn't planned on doing my blog today. I was sick yesterday and then didn't sleep well last night so I felt even worse today. Thankfully C was able to come home and take the kids for a while so I could sleep. I'm slowly feeling better but still not feeling back to normal. I'm hoping tomorrow will be a better day.

C was awesome today. He came home from work because I felt so out of it to take care of the kids. He took the kids out to lunch and then over to the toy store to pick out birthday presents for the parties they are going to Sunday. I swear my kids have more of a social life than I do, especially J.

Yesterday he spent the day hanging out with his friend L. They spent half the day over at L's house and then the rest of the day at our house. They had planned to spend today together but L had to go to daycare. That didn't stop J's social schedule though. Another neighbor, also named J, invited him to come over for outdoor skating. While he was there he got another invitation for tomorrow from another friend. Right now J is at L's house, sledding. S was busy yesterday and today hanging out with her friends from across the street.

I'm glad my kids have friends. It's good for them to have friends. But holy moly, they are busier than I am some days! I'll just be glad when they finally get back to school. Sunday is looking nasty weather-wise, but I'm hopeful that they will be back in school on Monday. For my sanity, I hope they are back in school. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment