Thursday 19 February 2015

Oh, it's Thursday again...

It is S's bedtime and I realized that I hadn't had a chance to sit down at the computer today. Looking back at today, I realized that it was actually a rather busy day. And all in all, for a Thursday it wasn't that bad.

We started out the day by taking C to work since his car and deep snow don't really go together. I will admit I was grumpy doing it (I already apologized) because I am still sick and even though I have to get up at the crack of dawn when the kids have school, I'm not really a morning person. But we got him to work on time and I didn't get stuck in a snow drift, which would have made the day not fun.

I then got to ship J off to his friend's house for the whole morning. It was nice - almost like he was back in school. While he was gone S and I made a delivery of brownies to the hockey rink. There's a tournament this weekend and they asked parents to provide food for the hospitality room. There were some other brownies already there when we dropped ours off and I have to say, mine looked better. They were big (2"x 2") and had chocolate chunks in them. You'd choose those over tiny 1"x 1"brownies, wouldn't you? And the road to and from the rink wasn't bad, so driving wasn't as stressful as it could have been.

After the rink S and I headed to the library. She was really excited to go to the public library. Because the kids haven't been in school for a week, she's missed her library day. And when they do go to the library, they can only check out one book at a time. At the public library, I usually let her check out a whole bag of books. I hadn't taken a bag with me today because I thought we'd just be picking up the two books she wanted but she talked me into a few more (which isn't hard to do).

I love public libraries. Right now, S has been enjoying the Rainbow Fairy books by Daisy Meadows (if that's her real name, then I am Ms. America!). I read a few chapters to her each night I put her to bed. I have been borrowing the books from the library instead of buying them. I'm sure S would love to have her own set of them, but at $5 a book times 7 books, that's a lot of money, especially when we can get them from the library for free. When she's older and can read the books by herself, then maybe I'll get them but for now, the library is the way to go.

After the library we came home and S worked on building her Elsa Lego castle. She is building the whole thing by herself. I basically just sit there and help her snap the occasional stubborn piece together. I'll check every now and then to make sure that she's got things in the right place and she usually does. At almost 6 years old, she's got a fantastic eye when it comes to building things. I think this is the biggest set she's built, so it's taking her a while. We should finish it tomorrow.

After Lego time, J came home. They played video games for a bit while I kind of snoozed on the sofa. I'm still sick so any rest time I can get helps me be a better mommy. When they started bickering too much it was outside time. Today was actually sunny and almost warm (compared to what it's been). The kids had fun playing with their friends, both outside for a while and then inside. J was awesome and helped my friend by cleaning her kids' playroom. I had a good time hanging out with my friend, helping to save her sanity since her husband has been away all week.

Then it was time to go back downtown to pick up C from work and also pick up a Starbucks for my friend. She wanted Starbucks badly but getting two young kids downtown when there's a parking ban is tough and C works near there so he picked one up for her. That's what friends are for, right?

And now? Now it's snowing. Again. And school has already been canceled for tomorrow. Again. J is suppose to have hockey tomorrow morning at 6:15 am. We shall see if that still happens. We're only expecting 5-15 cm, which is nothing when you compare it to the 80 cm we got earlier this week. But still, it may be enough to cancel practice. At least I don't have to take him, which is good because as I said, I'm not a morning person. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment