Monday 16 February 2015

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

So it has finally stopped snowing. It snowed for well over 24 hours. They just let the plows back out on the roads about an hour or so ago. They pulled them off last night because the winds were crazy strong (gusts up to 120 km/hr or 75 mph). Now the winds have died down enough that people are starting the long process of digging out.

I've counted at least 4 snowmobiles going up and down the street because right now, besides a frontloader-type snow plow or a tractor, they are the only way to get around. I tried to get a picture of one going down the street but they are zipping around and it just comes out a blur.

This is my backyard:


Yes, that is a 6 foot high fence and the kids are sitting on it like it's a park bench. A road grader type plow just came down the road and they all sat there and watched it go down the street. Last night J was jumping off the fence into the snowbank on the other side.

Amazingly they have already canceled school for tomorrow so I don't have to get up at 6:15 and find out. So, it will be a challenge to get writing time tomorrow. I didn't even try today because I knew it would be tough to write with everyone home. Maybe Wednesday the kids will be back in school so I can write because Thursday it's looking like we're getting MORE snow. At least I have lots of yarn to keep me busy while the kids are home.

No comments:

Post a Comment