Sunday 22 February 2015

Back to Normal Sunday!

The kids have school tomorrow! And there was much rejoicing! The weather today wasn't nearly as bad as expected - a little rain, a little snow, some melting, but nothing that will stop them from going to school tomorrow. And honestly, the kids are ready to be back in school. Both went to birthday parties today and saw kids from their schools. I think it made them realize they missed their school friends. It will be good for things to get back to normal. I don't know how long we'll be back to normal given the weather around here, but I will take each normal day I can get.

I was on bedtime duty for J, which means I have a bit of free time while he reads before bed. I pulled up my Kilynn story and realized I hadn't worked on it since Feb 9. Yikes! So I did get a tiny bit of writing done tonight and I will get more done tomorrow after I do normal things like the grocery store run and buying warmer boots. Yes, it will feel good to get out and do normal things. I realized tonight as I was writing how much I have missed working on my story. I am sure we will have more snow days coming so I'll have to try to find a better balance between being mommy and writing when my kids are home.

Also, I am finally feeling better - this cold is finally going away. It is so much easier to be creative when your head doesn't feel like it's stuffed with cotton. I will enjoy feeling better until the next cold comes home with one of the kids. Let's hope they give me a few weeks before that happens again!

As it is Sunday night, that means it is Walking Dead night. Yay for zombies! Now to choose a knitting project to work on while I'm watching it. I can't work on complicated things like my Snow Queen mystery shawl (I finished clue 1 today!) while watching TV because I will screw them up. Tonight will be a simple project that I can do without having to keep checking the pattern. I'm working on a cowl made with baby alpaca yarn that feels so soft and warm. I should probably finish that up tonight so I have it to wear for the extreme cold (-35C) wind chill we are suppose to get on Tuesday. Yeah, that cold may upset our normal week, but I'm going to keep thinking positive and hope this turns out to be just a normal week!

No comments:

Post a Comment