Sunday 15 February 2015

Snowy Sunday

I just looked at the clock and realized it was almost 4:30 and I hadn't done my blog entry. I was going to skip it today but I don't want to break my streak. So, here I am.

Today has been a lazy day. S is still sick and woke us up at 4:30ish because her fever was back up and she needed some medicine. She couldn't get back to sleep so C stayed up with her while I slept. Once I woke up he went back to sleep for a while. Now somewhere between 4:30 and 7:30 (when I woke up), the snow started. And it hasn't stopped. And because of this we've had a rather lazy day.

I did bake some blueberry muffins (from scratch) for breakfast because it was one of the only things S would agree to eat today. I know when you have a fever it's hard to want to eat, so I was willing to make them for her. Okay, I wanted them too. Since then we've haven't been doing much. C and J have both spent a lot of time playing MineCraft, S vegged out on the sofa watching Peppa Pig until I thought her eyes would fall out, and I've just about finished C's scarf. I should be able to get it finished tonight while we watch the Walking Dead. Yay for zombies!

I am on my third cup of tea for the day and still feel like I could curl up and sleep. I think it's the snow that's making me sleepy. Maybe I'll go grab a quick nap while the chicken for tonight's soup simmers on the stove. I will leave you with this picture of my backyard.

The fence is a 6 ft tall fence. Before today's storm there was some space between the top of the fence and the snow and it was only really high in that one corner. This is what it looks like now:


Somehow I don't think the foxes will have any trouble getting over the fence. It was already high enough before on both sides (the main road is behind us and it gets piled up from the plows) that they could jump over the fence easily. Now they will be able to walk over it. There is so much snow in our backyard it is crazy. If it stops tomorrow like they say it will, I will try to get some pictures of the other drifts around the house. Some of them have to be close to 8 feet high now. Sorry, GoT, winter isn't coming - it's here!

No comments:

Post a Comment