Tuesday 3 February 2015

Snow Days just aren't made for writing

Last night into this morning we had quite the storm. I think we ended up with over 57cms of snow. The winds this morning were gusting to 100 km/hr. But now the sun has come out and the wind has died down and it's actually rather nice looking out (it's still bloody cold). People are slowly starting to dig their way out from the crazy amount of snow we got. We have some drifts in our yard that are a good 6 to 7 ft tall and in other places you can see grass. It is definitely interesting to see how the wind blows the snow around.

This being Canada, there have been some people out on their snowmobiles, zipping up and down the main road. Our street, and many other side streets, are not plowed yet which means the driveway isn't cleared yet either. So no one is going anywhere for a while. I'm hoping that they get things cleared so the kids can go back to school tomorrow because Thursday is looking like more snow.

I did manage to get some time to sit down and work on my Kilynn story but I'm not happy with it. I'm having trouble coming up with the next part of the story - what happens when Kilynn wakes up. The words just weren't flowing today like they normally do. I wrote some, deleted it, and wrote some other stuff that I'm sort of okay with. With the kids home it is hard to give my entire focus to writing. That's why I'm hoping they go to school tomorrow - I need some distraction-free time to think through where the story is going. I guess I'm experiencing a bit of writer's block right now. I will keep at it in the hopes of breaking through. I'll probably chuck everything I've written today, but as least I did try.

Right now though, the kids and hubby are outside building an igloo, which sounds like fun. I think I will go suit up and join them outside. Spending time outside having fun might help clear my head and help me hear what Kilynn is trying to tell me. So, yeah, snow days with the kids home just aren't made for writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment