Tuesday 10 March 2015

A Not so Terrible Tuesday

We've made it to Tuesday! I had more ice to chip this morning - yay? I have been expecting water in the garage all day but so far *knock on wood* none yet. It's been kind of strange today. When I went out to clear the ice the temperature is warmer than yesterday but all the stuff that was slushy yesterday was frozen. Like I said yesterday, the snow melt on that side of the house has decided to defy the laws of nature and do whatever the hell it likes. There was an area I was going to work on clearing but then I realized it was pretty much a solid block of ice a few feet wide, a few feet deep, and at least 6 inches high. Yeah that's not going to yield to my ice scraper anytime soon.

To reward myself for the hard work I did yesterday I ventured out to Target today. It made me sad because our Target is closing. All the damn Targets in Canada are closing because they effed up their business model. Everything in the store is on clearance and since our store was one of the few in Canada that actually did well, they've kept it fairly well stocked. I think their last truck came last week so from now on the inventory will go down. But I did find printer ink, sidewalk chalk, drawing paper for S, a nightshirt for me, a soccer shirt for S, and some odds and ends. I checked over their toy section but it was pretty picked over. I still may take the kids there next week and let them pick out something. They have birthday money coming from their Nana and they can get more for their money there, if they can find something they want/like.

My kid-free time got cut short today because I got a call from J at school. His stomach was really bothering him so I went to pick him up. It's good I did because it wasn't kidding around. No details but um, yeah, he's not feeling good. He came home and rested most of the afternoon. We'll see if he wants to eat supper tonight (probably going to be pancakes and fruit). He loves pancakes, so if he says he doesn't want to eat then I'll know he's still not feeling good. It makes me about the other kids on his hockey team and what they are sick with. Hopefully they aren't sharing this stomach virus with each other.

I did get a little bit of a break even though J was home. When S got home from school she went over to her friend's house. They always have a great time playing. When they first met they took to each other instantly - to the point where you would have thought they had known each other all their lives. S's friend (also an S) is a sweet young lady and I'm glad that she's my S's friend.

Now S is home and the kids are playing MineCraft. J is trying to run the show but S wants to do her own thing about half the time. I think J is playing the game as if he were narrating a YouTube MineCraft video. He does get frustrated with S that she won't cooperate all the time. I have to keep reminding them to stop yelling at each other, although according to J they aren't yelling at each other in an angry way. They are just being LOUD but at least they seem to be getting along...for the most part.

I'm trying to decide if I should have a nap at this point or a 4th cup of tea. The lack of sleep Sunday night and not sleeping well Monday night have caught up to me. I'm thinking the nap would be better than the tea. I think the tea at this point would just make me jittery and tired. I'm still not adjusted to daylight savings time. I find the older I get the longer it takes me to adjust. I'd be happy if they just got rid of the whole thing all together. I know that won't happen so I'll just do my best to get adjusted tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment