Thursday 12 March 2015

I made it to Thursday!

I made it to Thursday! The kids are alive, the planning for J's birthday party Saturday night is just about done, the invitations for S's party have gone out and I'm already getting responses, laundry has been done, and C is on his way home! I am very glad that he will be home soon. It hasn't been the best week, but it hasn't been the worst week either.

Today has had it's ups and downs. J still wasn't feeling well this morning so I let him stay home again. By hockey time he was feeling better so we went to his game. Too bad I effed up the time and got him to the game after it started. I had it in my head it was a 6:20 game and it was a 5:15 game. He got changed faster than I've ever seen him and made it out to the ice about halfway through the second period (they play 12 minute periods). They ended up losing but J did have an awesome breakaway that almost got them a goal. Tomorrow he has another game. We will be there early for that game! Yeah, total Mommy fail on hockey today.

S went to school, had a good time, and came home tired. She had fun running around playing with another girl at the rink but managed to bang her knee. It was totally fine until it was time to sleep. She's been up out of bed at least 6 times now. My patience with her is wearing very thin. Hopefully she's gotten up for the last time. She has a busy day at school tomorrow so she needs to sleep.

The weather was crazy today. One minute it would be snowing with almost total white-out conditions and then 5 minutes later it would be sunny. The weather on the island does that a lot. And then to add to the joy that is Thursday, Environment Canada announced that there is the potential for a snow storm on Sunday. They aren't saying how much yet, but I've heard the number 30 and the word centimeters thrown around by some people. I do not like those people right now. And someone mentioned something about Wednesday but that is too far away for me to worry about snow. One storm at a time, please!

Tomorrow is Friday and that means my next clue for my Snow Queen shawl comes out. I totally missed on the last clue that I was suppose to start transitioning to my new colour. I checked with the designers and they said I would be fine doing the transition on Clue 4, so I have some yarn to wind tomorrow. I probably won't get to work on it much until Sunday since Friday is S's birthday and we have a hockey game, and Saturday is J's party at a hockey game.

I'm working on another knitting project right now but I'm thinking it isn't going to turn out the size it's suppose to. I used my yarn that is a blend of alpaca, merino, and musk ox yarn to make a cowl but it's turning out smaller than it should. Perhaps I should checked by gauge! Oh well, if it doesn't fit it can either be a present for S or I can frog it (that means rip it out to non-knitters. Rip it, rip it = ribbit  = frog) and use the yarn for another project. If I do frog it the yarn will sit for a while because I'm dying to start on the Hobbit scarf, although winding up 1500 yards of yarn doesn't sound fun. I will break out the electric winder for that!

All is quiet from the kids rooms, so I think they have finally gone to sleep. I am going to sit, enjoy my last peanut butter cup, watch some mindless TV, and do some knitting. Tomorrow is Friday and it will be a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment