Friday 27 March 2015

Pre-Party Prep

I am glad that the kids will be in bed shortly. It has been a long, busy day for me and I'm ready for some kid-free time to get started on my Snow Queen clue that I got today.

The day started off with the kids getting on the bus (yay!) to go to school. It felt good for things to be getting back to normal. Once they were gone, I started baking the cupcakes for tomorrow. 48 cupcakes are sitting in containers, frosted and decorated, ready for tomorrow. While they were baking I went to work on making the pink ice skate candies for the goody bags. I found that the pink candy (which is vanilla flavoured and not really chocolate) didn't flow as well as the chocolate did, so it was a little tougher to get them started. But once I got going I had them all made in a few hours. Next time I decide to make candy like that I will get more than one candy mold!

In between cupcakes and candy I started stuffing goody bags. I got as many done as I could until I ran out of stuff. I ended up running out and getting more of everything to make sure I had enough bags for 22 kids plus I picked up some toddler-friendly things for the two toddlers that could possibly be coming. Actually, one is definitely coming and the other is a maybe. But I wanted to be ready. I still have a few parents who never RSVP'd, but I still have bags ready for their kids. Any extras will go to S and J.

While out getting the bag stuff I also went to the grocery store and got all the food for tomorrow. Because the party falls between lunch and supper I'm only planning on having things like fruit, veggies, chips, and cupcakes. I stocked up on juice boxes and water. The food portion of the party is only an hour and that will go quickly, I expect. And with an hour of skating before hand the kids will most likely be ready to sit and eat.

By the time the kids got home from school I was ready for a nap but there was to be no nap for me. My friend asked if I could watch her daughter L for a bit this afternoon and I said yes. So, S, L, and our neighbour S were all here for a while this afternoon. They had fun playing with the dollhouse and the trains. L's favourite toys these days are the LaLaLoopsy dolls and she had a good time playing with those.

Once the play date was over, we headed out for supper because I was just too tired to cook. The restaurant we went to was packed - it was the first time we actually had to wait for a table. I expect we'll encounter that more often in April once the local Burger Love month starts. For the month of April, different restaurants come up with fancy burgers that aren't on their normal menu. They encourage people to try a bunch of the burgers and vote for their favourite one. Last year there were like 30+ burgers. I don't know how many there will be this year, but there's no way to try all of them. Well, you possibly could but it sure wouldn't be healthy. When the webpage for Burger Love goes up, I'll share the link.

The weather today was nice. It looked like the ice in the harbour is beginning to break up and there was a lot of melting going on today. Thankfully the garage is staying dry thanks to the sandbags C put there a while back. He also cleared a lot of the ice away from the side door, so hopefully that will minimize the water that comes in. Tomorrow is suppose to bring 2 cm of snow during the day and another 2 cm at night. In the grand scheme of snow, that is nothing. Hopefully it will be the last snow we see until next winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment