Saturday 14 March 2015

Birthday Fun, part 2

Tonight we had J's birthday party. His birthday isn't until later in the month but the local hockey team was playing tonight and he wanted to have his birthday party there. It was a little stressful keeping track of seven 9 and 10 year olds, but it was fun.

It was a pretty cool package they put together for birthdays - tickets to the game, pizza and pop, and J got a team practice jersey signed by the player of his choice. The team mascot also stopped by our section and waved to the kids and they announced he was celebrating his birthday tonight. We also treated the kids to popcorn, candy, and water. Thankfully the canteen (and washrooms) were close to where we were sitting!

Since this was one of the last home games of the season, there were a lot of people there. We saw so many people we know. It's one of the things that I really like about living where we live. J saw teammates and classmates. And of course all the kids were happy the home team won.

After the game, the boys we were driving home hung around outside the team locker room door. The players were really nice to the kids as they came out. J and his friends got a bunch of autographs. I think they were all a little starstruck by seeing the players up close. I told J to take care of the jersey he got because some of these players will be in the NHL one day.

We got all the kids safely delivered to their parents after the game and now both my kids are tucked into bed. I hope they sleep in late tomorrow since neither of them got into bed until 10:30. And as we're expecting a blizzard with 30 to 50 cm of snow tomorrow, we're not doing much tomorrow. I believe C and the kids have planned a MineCraft marathon which will give me plenty of time to catch up on the knitting I didn't get to do today.

I'm a tired mom, but I'm really glad that all the plans for tonight worked out. The kids had fun, and it was a lot of fun for us to see J hanging out with his friends and having a good time. One party down, one more to go. But at least I have two weeks to get ready for that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment