Tuesday 24 March 2015

Winter Hockey is Over

I was about to climb into bed when I realized I hadn't written my blog post for the day. I haven't missed a day since I started doing my blog and I didn't want to miss today. So here I am at 11:10 at night, scrambling to write something.

Tonight was J's last winter hockey game. They were playing the toughest team in their league - this team has a record of 25-2 for the regular season and hasn't lost a play-off game yet. J's team did their best but they just got outplayed. According to C there were a lot of sad kids in the locker room, but the one coach taught the kids a silly chant to get the snow to melt and it made them laugh and feel better. There will still be one more ice time to do a team picture and then a team party. Next week we start into spring hockey, but at least we get a week off.

The kids didn't have school today, but I knew that so at least I got to sleep in a bit. The school board hasn't decided about Wednesday yet so I have to wake up at 6:15 and check their website. My prediction is leaning towards no school. Why, you ask? The weather the past few days has been beautiful and is suppose to be nice again tomorrow so they should be able to go to school. Alas, a lot of the roads are only one lane right now because of the mega snowbanks on either side - there are some places that they are 20 to 30 feet high. Yeah. So, the roads are too narrow for the school buses to get down them safely and there really isn't anyplace safe for the kids to stand while they are waiting for the buses (in some places). The school board will check in with the DOT in the morning and make a decision.

If there is school, I will be happy. I will do my 'they've gone back to school' dance. If they don't go, well then J gets to help pick out his birthday presents tomorrow. He will also get to go with me to pick out the donuts for his special treat. The boy doesn't like cake and I don't have time to bake an apple pie, so he chose donuts. No argument from me on that!

Okay, that's enough for today. I want to get a bit of reading time before I go to sleep. I just recently finished Gone Girl and while I liked it, I despised both main characters, but I think that was the point. Now I need to choose something new to read. I shall go look through our cloud bookshelf and download something. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment