Thursday 26 March 2015

Happy Thursday!

Why yes, for once I am actually saying Happy Thursday. Today has been a fairly good day. It started out with the kids GOING TO SCHOOL! Yes, yes they did. They were actually happy about it too. I had to drive them and while I expected it to be a bit of a circus, it was actually a very smooth process. It helped that the school arranged for the RCMP to direct traffic at the intersection that leads to the school. Traffic was slow but it kept moving and there weren't any accidents because the police kept things under control.

Pick-up after school was pretty easy too, all things considered. They had assigned times for parents to come to the school and they opened up the bus lot for parent parking. Parents had to go into the school to get the kids so no kids got lost (that I know of). I won't have to do that tomorrow because our school has decided that the bus routes are clear enough for the bus to run. The kids were excited to find out they can ride the bus tomorrow. They like seeing their friends on the bus.

One of the little perks from driving the kids this morning is that I finally got to see what one of the local RCMP constables looks like. The local RCMPs have a twitter account and they share photos of the roads and traffic and any accidents they are dealing with. This morning the one constable who tweets a lot was on duty directing traffic. It's silly, but I was curious to see what he looked like because I am always seeing his tweets. He's an older gentleman and he was good at directing traffic!

Another good thing about the kids going to school today was that I was finally able to make it to my hair appointment. All my gray hairs are now hidden away. I feel young again. :-)  My stylist decided to curl my hair when it was dry. It looked cute at first but after awhile the curl started to droop and then it just stuck out kind of funny because my hair isn't quite long enough to be curled like that. I promptly dug out my flat iron and straightened it out so at least I don't look like a cat slept on my head.

This morning before my hair appointment I started making the chocolate ice skate candy favours for S's party. I got all the chocolate ones made with only a few hiccups. Today when much smoother and faster than my first attempt the other day. Tomorrow morning I have cupcakes to bake and pink ice skates to make, as well as goodie bags to stuff. There are some parents I never heard back from, so I guess I better prepare for more kids than I expect, just in case. I would hate for some kids not to get their goodie bag so tomorrow I will have to run out and grab a few more bags to fill. Oh, and get some more fake mustaches. S chose fake stick on mustaches for her goodie bags. Don't ask me!

Tomorrow is Friday, so I will be getting another clue for my Snow Queen shawl - yay! This week I finished up an infinity scarf I've been working on. I just need to sew the buttons on it...once I find them in my yarn drawer. I started a second mystery shawl. This one is called Solar Flare and the yarn I chose for it is bright but I love it:


My first thought when I ordered it was that I'd work dark to light, but when the yarn arrived and I started winding it up the yarn spoke to me and said work light to dark. So, I listened to the yarn and I cast on with the yellow/orange skein. Like I said, it's bright, but I'd like to have something bright and fun to wear. The yarn is a new kind of yarn for me - it's a blend of cotton and bamboo. I was a little unsure of the cotton because pure cotton yarn is always hard on my hands but with the blend of bamboo in there it is soft and easy on my hands. I'll grab a picture of my work so far tomorrow.

Tomorrow should be interesting weather wise. There is suppose to be some rain tonight, which could then turn to freezing rain, before it turns to snow. I'm not 100% sure the kids will have school tomorrow, but I think that as long as it's not to slippery they will be going. School has been canceled 12 days this year and I don't think anyone (including me!) wants them to miss anymore school!

No comments:

Post a Comment