Friday 20 March 2015

Happy Spring!

Today is the first day of spring and it actually started to feel like spring here. The sun was nice and warm and there was some melting going on. I checked the garage a few times and thankfully it was water free. That will probably change with this weekend but I enjoyed it today. The weather is suppose to be nasty Saturday night into Sunday. Maybe this mess that's coming will be the last storm of the season. Seriously, 500 cm of snowfall is enough already, right?

This morning was busy because I realized at 9:30 last night that I had forgotten to bake brownies for the hospitality room at the hockey rink. Our rink is hosting the provincials (play-offs) and it's the host teams' job to provide food for the hospitality room. I was not going to bake two pans of brownies last night so I had to get up and do it this morning. They turned out perfect and I got them delivered to the rink on time.

Of course I came back from the rink and found the plows had come through widening the street, so there was a big pile of snow and ice at the base of the driveway. That is two days in a row now that I've gone out to come back to a blocked driveway. At least my neighbours' driveway was fairly clear and I was able to park there since they are out of town. The snow removal people hadn't come when it was time for us to leave for hockey so we had to hike over the snow pile to get to my car. It was nice to return home and find the driveway cleared again after hockey.

J played his first play-off game today. The two teams ended up tying, so they each got a point. They tried really hard to win but it just wasn't enough. They have two games tomorrow that they have to win if they want to reach the semi-finals. They recently beat the team they play first, so they know they can win but of course the other team is going to be looking for a win after losing to the younger kids. They have beaten the other team they play tomorrow too, so in theory they should be able to win both games. We'll see how it goes.

I started working on the new Snow Queen shawl clue today. It really is a lovely pattern. I plan on working on it some more this evening at least until I start to get sleepy. Once I get sleepy the knitting goes away because the idea of tearing out lacework just makes me cringe. I'll post a picture once I'm finished with the clue so I better go get to work on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment