Tuesday 17 March 2015

Tuesday is for hockey, beer, and a sick child

Tuesday! The sun was out, there was some snow melting, and life was good. We won't talk about tomorrow though.

J started his 3 day hockey camp this morning. According to C, he was a bit nervous this morning but then the saw some kids he knew and he was fine. He got to hang out with some of the players from the local professional team, which was pretty cool. He is suppose to have day 2 tomorrow. We shall see...

I made it out to the grocery store today as well as the liquor store. I went early because with the forecast I knew it would get crazier the later in the day it got. While I was there I heard the manager telling a group of employees to get ready for a rush between 4 and 8 pm. I forgot to look on the way to hockey practice tonight (yeah, two different hockey times today) but I bet he was right. I went to the liquor store because I plan to make our St. Patrick's Day meal tomorrow and it uses Guinness. We would have had it tonight but with a 6:20 practice and having to pick up C from work there just wasn't time.

Tomorrow night's meal is going to be an Irish Shepherd's Pie. I've made shepherd's pie before but this is a new recipe. I hope the kids like it even though it uses beer. It also uses gravy granules, which I've never used before. I had to find them in the English section of our grocery store. I hope it turns out good. If it does I will share the recipe with you. I almost had to change my supper plans for tomorrow because I thought the liquor store was out of Guinness. I actually ended up getting their last 6 pack of regular Guinness. They had one pack left of the Guinness Black, but for the recipe I wanted the regular. I also treated myself to some hard cider and an extra bottle of wine because well, wine. :-)

Hockey practice this evening turned into an adventure. S seems to have come down with the same tummy bug that J had the other week. I'm hoping she can shake it faster than he did. She's not real happy with the fact that her stomach is upset (me either, actually) so the faster she shakes this the better. She is tucked into bed right now and I'm hoping she can get a good night's sleep. She was up twice last night - once for a wiggly tooth that hurt and once for a bad dream. Between her and the plows I didn't get much sleep. I am ready for bed!

Whether tomorrow turns out to be a snow day or not, I am going to try to carve out an hour or so of time to write. Poor Kilynn and her brothers are waiting for me to tell more of their story. While I'm blogging daily, I'm not actually working on my story daily. I need to get back into that habit and start training the kids now to leave me be when I'm at my computer. That way when summer comes I will still have time to write when they are both home from school. We'll see how that works out tomorrow. For now, I'm going to go watch some TV, relax, and maybe split a chocolate eclair with C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment