Friday 13 March 2015

Birthday Fun, part 1

Today starts a weekend of birthday fun. Today is S's birthday. I can't believe my little girl is now 6 years old. It's crazy! I was looking at pictures from when she was just a toddler and realized how much she's grown.

At school today they sang happy birthday to her and she got to go to the Birthday Box and pick out some goodies. At home we had massive cupcakes (she ate 3/4 of one) and she opened her presents. She loves the fact that she finally got her EasyBake oven. She also got a Guardians of the Galaxy Lego set. She loves that movie and was very excited the set has Rocket Raccoon in it. She also got a 3-D tiger puzzle, a dress-up pony paper doll set, and a potholder maker. I haven't seen one of those in years! She is intrigued by it. As we are suppose to get 45 cm of snow (I can't decide whether to laugh, cry, or do both about the snow) on Sunday, I'm sure we'll have time to work on making a potholder.

S will have her party later in the month. She wanted to have an ice skating party and getting ice time this time of year is tough because of play-off hockey for the winter and spring hockey starting. I wasn't able to get ice time until the end of the month. She keeps thinking her party is tomorrow and not two weeks away. She's very excited about having a skating party since she learned to skate this year although she is disappointed that her "boyfriend" from school can't come because he doesn't know how to skate. Maybe he will learn to skate for S. :-)

J had his last regular season hockey game tonight. The team won and they played much better than they did last night and J scored a goal. At each game the team does a 50/50 raffle and one of the parents on our team won. Rather than take the money herself she told the team manager to give each kid $2. The kids were thrilled! I think every one of them stopped at the canteen on the way out to get a treat.

As for my knitting, I was able to get two rows of my new Snow Queen shawl done today. It's another short clue of 12 rows but by the time I finish those rows I will be up to 480 stitches. I also got the yarn wound for the Hobbit scarf I'm going to do. I won't be starting that until I finish up clue 4 of the Snow Queen. I also finished the cowl I was working on. It turned out nice but it is a bit small, so it's almost more like a neck warmer than cowl.

It's okay that the cowl is kind of small because C brought me a gift from his trip. The mall down by where he was is a high-end mall. I looked through the stores online and mentioned to him there was a a Burberry store there and that a scarf would be nice...until I looked at the prices. I then told him I was joking and that I really didn't need a scarf that expensive. Apparently he thought I did because he got me one! I love it! It is a beautiful purple colour and is so soft and warm that it is hard to take it off. I wore it to the rink tonight and I swear the only part of me that wasn't cold was my neck. It was a wonderful surprise. I am feeling very lucky and spoiled today. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment