Saturday 21 March 2015

More Hockey!

I spent most of today at the hockey rink. I was there for two games - one win, one loss. And then between those games I was at the rink to help out in the hospitality room. That turned out to be more work than I expected! Lots of making coffee and mixing up juice, restocking cookies, putting out bananas. The women I was working with were really nice and helpful.

Because J's team didn't win their second game, they will come in second in their division. This means that tomorrow for the semi-finals they have to play their arch-nemesis. That team is really hard to beat but if J's team stays focus they have a good chance. We'll see how the game goes. If they win then we'll have a second game tomorrow. Otherwise it's one-and-done.

I'm actually ready for winter hockey to be over. I'm glad our last game(s) will be tomorrow. Then we get a break of a week and a half before it's time for spring hockey to start. I shall enjoy not being at the rink for that time. :-)

With all the rink time today I haven't had any chance to knit. I have two rows to finish for my Snow Queen shawl. I should be able to get to them after the kids go to bed. I'll get some pictures of it tomorrow when the light is better.

On the weather front, today was nice. At least it was nice in the times I was outside or driving to the rink. On the way there for the second game J spotted a pair of bald eagles in a tree along the side of the road. We also saw two sea ducks flying towards the water. We'll know it's really spring when the cormorants come back to the old bridge posts in the harbour. But they won't be coming back tonight because the weather is going to get nasty. They are saying it will start as snow, turn to rain, and then back to snow. Most likely the rain will freeze and make everything a slippery icy mess. In a way, I'd rather it just be snow (yeah, I really did say that) because ice is worse than snow. Hopefully this will be the last storm of the season and we can have a nice, slow warm-up so the snow melt doesn't flood my garage.

Okay, I'm off to rest my voice and do some knitting. Two games worth of yelling plus I think I'm coming down with the cold that C is currently dealing with has left me with a sore throat. Good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment