Saturday 7 March 2015

Knitting and Hockey and Cartoons

As usual, today was a busy but fun day. It started out with some errands that included the whole family. After we were finished it was time to head downtown to our favourite place for curry. J actually skipped the curry today and went for a cheeseburger. That boy and his cheeseburgers! I think if he could he would have a cheeseburger every day of the week. S had her usual grilled cheese (I'm so glad she will eat those!). I really wish I had the recipe for the curry because I would love to have it more often.

After we came home the kids and C spent some time playing MineCraft while I finished up working on my newest Snow Queen shawl clue. As you can see in the picture below, it's getting quite big. I've finished transitioning from the colour 6 to colour 5. I didn't really notice the differences in the skeins until I looked at the picture. It's going to be really neat when it's done.


C then spotted the neighbours out on their rink and sent J out to get some skating time before his game tonight. I took S over and she was thrilled to see her friends over on the ice. S and her buddy S (yes, they have the same name) spent the whole time skating. J skated until his buddies showed up. That's when he took off his skates and joined all the other boys walking along the top of a 6 foot fence. The snow is so high on either side of the fence that it ends up being about a 6 inch fence. The girls eventually took off their skates and joined the boys walking on the "fence". I use quotes because I have a hard time thinking of it as a fence right now.

After skating time it was off to hockey for J. C took him because it was a late game and S is tired. She is still recovering from the nasty cold she had so I'm surprised she still awake. She and I had a fun evening sitting on the sofa watching Phineas and Ferb and eating lots of fruits, cheese, and crackers. 

If you've never watching P&F you should. We love it in this house - the kids love it in general and I love that they throw in things for the parents. Any cartoon that makes reference to The Rockey Horror Picture Show gets high marks in my book. The actor who was RiffRaff in RHPS does the voice of Mr. Fletcher in the cartoon. Of course the kids have never seen that movie but I have and it just cracks me up that he's in a kids show now. I have been known to turn on P&F when the kids aren't home. The show makes me laugh.

Just got an update from the hockey rink. According to C, J's team is up 4-1 at the end of the second period. He said that J is playing really well and scrapping for the puck with a kid who towers over him. My little hockey player! We have so much hockey coming up it's crazy. We're trying to make up for all the games we missed because of the effing snow (can you tell I'm done with snow?). There was a game Friday night, a game tonight (Saturday), a game Sunday, and a game Monday. Then thankfully there's not another game until Friday, which happens to be S's birthday. She's not too excited about being at the rink for her birthday but we'll make the day fun. The games this weekend are all far away too - Friday and Sunday are an hour and a half away; Saturday's is an hour. I'm glad that Friday's game is just down the road at our local rink.

Unless J's team decides to take a nap, they should be able to hold onto their lead and win this game. The more wins they get in the upcoming game will put them higher in the standings. Playoffs are coming up in a few weeks. Then winter hockey will finally be done! We'll get like a week and a half off before it's time for spring hockey. At least most of spring hockey is on island this year. Last year J was in a different spring program and we spent most of our weekends off island, plus practices at the rink that is 1 1/2 hours away. I'll be glad that practices are just 15 minutes down the road this spring. I am looking forward to a break from hockey though. It's been a long season!

No comments:

Post a Comment